Director of Learning and Innovation
Kate Goldberg is Director of Learning and Innovation. She studied English with Russian at Sussex University, and then did a Masters Degree in International Affairs with Broadcast Journalism at Columbia University in New York. She was part of the team that founded the BBC News website in 1998, and went on to be senior journalist and editor at the BBC until 2010, when she retrained as a teacher. Since starting at Whitgift she has held a number of different roles such as Head of Initial Teacher Training and Head of Online Safety.
The main responsibilities of the Director of Learning and Innovation are:
- To monitor, evaluate and develop the quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning within the School
- To oversee and manage Staff Development and training and to organise and deliver the Induction Programme for new staff
- To work closely with the Head of Digital Learning to ensure that effective progress is made in the implementation of IT systems to support learning
- To play a crucial role in keeping the School up-to-date with the latest educational research and current thinking regarding Teaching and Learning and to have particular oversight of development of Teaching and Learning within the Lower School
- To manage the Library and Critical Reflection provision including considering the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural side of school life