Application Forms and Guidance
Please read the following Application Guidance Notes which outline:
- the documents required for uploading during the application process,
- information about scholarships and bursaries
- Whitgift's Conditions of Admission
- Whitgift's Privacy Notice
The online application takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. Once started, the session should not be closed until the application has been submitted, as your information will not be saved.
Please pay the non-refundable application fee of £130 before starting your application as you will need to upload proof of payment during the application process.
Payment can be made by bank transfer to:
The Whitgift Foundation
National Westminster Bank
1 High Street
Croydon, CR9 1PD
Sort Code: 56-00-46
Account no: 31105149
Reference: 11410-301-5410 (plus the applicant’s initials)
For International Bank Transfers
SWIFT: NWBKGB2L Reference: 11410-301-5410 (plus the applicant’s initials)
The following documents are required and must be scanned and ready to upload during the process:
- A copy of your son’s passport or birth certificate
- A passport size/type photograph of your son against a plain light background (head and shoulders only)
- Copies of your son’s last two school reports (at least one with teacher comments) We do not require class certificates unless they relate to a scholarship application.
- Copy of your proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee of £130
NOTE: The application will not be processed if the documents listed above are not included.
If applicable, also include:
- Completed Whitgift Scholarship form, for Art, Design Technology & Engineering , Drama, Music and/ or Sport. (A maximum of 3 non-academic scholarships can be applied for).
- Refer to the Scholarship section to download the template/s and check that your son meets the required level of attainment for scholarship consideration, where outlined.
- Further scholarship application submission requirements for each department are noted on each scholarship form.
NOTE: All boys who sit the entrance examinations will be considered for an Academic Scholarship. A separate application is not required.
Exam Concessions (Extra Time and use of Laptop)
• If your son currently receives Exam Concessions, you are required to provide supporting documents, e.g. Educational Psychologist report, Specialist Assessor Reports, Medical Reports, Statement of Need or Educational Health Care Plan, (dated within the last three years), PLUS a letter from your son’s current school stating his current exam concessions and usual way of working. Your son’s current SENCo contact details will also be required. Refer to the Learning Support section for further information.
NOTE: If information regarding SEND requirements or other special needs is not disclosed before or during the admissions process, this may lead to a review of any place offered, and may result in the withdrawal of an offer.
International Students (Non UK passport holders)
Non-UK/EU passport holders will need to provide a copy of their EUSS letter, Visa or Residence Permit. Full boarders requiring Child Student, or Student, Visa Support, should refer to the International Students section for further information.
Application deadline dates:
- 10+ Friday 12 November 2021
- 11+ Friday 12 November 2021
- 13+ Pre-Test (Boarders only) Friday 12 November 2021
- 13+ Friday 8 October 2021
- 16+ (Sixth Form) Friday 8 October 2021
Further information can be found on the relevant Year Group Tab. Late application requests after the closing date may be accepted under special circumstances, and will incur an additional administration fee of £20.
If you would like to apply for a Bursary, you must complete the Bursary Registration of Interest form online at the John Whitgift Foundation by:
- 10+ 26 November 2021
- 11+ 26 November 2021
- 13+ 5 November 2021
- 16+ (Sixth Form) 5 November 2021
Bursaries are only available for Day places. Refer to the Bursary section for further information.
In completing, and digitally signing the online application, you are certifying that the information and statements contained are correct.
We require both parents' signatures on the application, however, if there is only one parent's details recorded, please provide a brief written explanation.
We recommend you read our Conditions of Admission and School’s Privacy Notice prior to completing the application.
Conditions of Admission
School's Privacy Notice