Conditions of Admission
Conditions of Admissions – 10+, 11+, 13+, 14+ and 16+ Applicants
1. A deposit of £800 (day students) or £200 (bursary day students), or £2500 (UK Boarding students), or one term’s fees (overseas boarding students), is payable on acceptance of a place at Whitgift. This will be retained in full until the pupil leaves, when it will be refunded less any balance owing to the School.
2. A statement of fees due at the current rate will be sent out before the beginning of each term and these must be paid on or before the first day of term or monthly by direct debit.
3. An Entrance Fee of £130 (distinct from the application fee) is payable on entry to Whitgift and will be charged on the first term’s account.
4. International students requiring a CAS to support a Student Visa, will be charged a processing fee of £150 on entry to Whitgift. The fee will be included on the first term’s account.
5. I understand that any offer is conditional on my son maintaining a good disciplinary record for the remaining time at his current school.
6. I agree to observe the rules, regulations, and procedures of Whitgift School.
7. I understand that my son will not be able to commence his education at Whitgift if there are any outstanding debts with his current or previous school(s).
8. I acknowledge that if a place at Whitgift is offered, my acceptance of it implies that I will not remove my son from the School before the completion of his full school course, including the point of entry to the Sixth Form, except after consultation between the School and myself where my son is unable to make proper use of the teaching at the School.
9. The withdrawal of a place after acceptance can cause long-term loss to the School if it occurs after other families have taken their decisions about schooling for their children. If you wish to withdraw your acceptance of a place before your child starts at the School. Notice of intended withdrawal at any point, must be given in writing to the Headmaster and be acknowledged as received to be valid by the School. In the case of withdrawal the following consequences will apply:
- If less than a term’s notice of withdrawal has been given (or no notice is provided at all): One full term’s fees at the rate payable for the term of entry (not limited to the parental contribution in the case of a scholarship, bursary or other award or concession), less the deposit, will become payable as debt immediately unless the resulting vacancy is filled immediately and without loss to the School.
- If more than a term’s notice has been given: the deposit will be retained and forfeited except if the resulting vacancy is filled immediately and without loss to the School, but no further fees shall be payable.
- Once students are admitted into the school, a full term’s notice of parental intention to remove their son from the School must be given, in writing, to the Headmaster; otherwise the parent is liable for the full fees of the succeeding term.
Conditions of Admissions – Pre-Test 13+ Applicants
As above and including:
1. Students offered a Boarding place for September 2024 will be eligible to apply for a Bursary (day students only) and or Scholarship(s) from September 2023 along with their cohort. To apply, the appropriate box(es) must be ticked when completing the online application form. If you would like your son to be considered for an Academic Scholarship, he will be required to sit the Whitgift Entrance Examinations again with their cohort in January 2024.
2. Once the place has been accepted, two terms notice prior to starting in Year 9 September 2024 shall be required for a withdrawal (i.e. by 31 December 2023). In the event of withdrawal with less than two term’s notice of withdrawal (or no notice is provided at all) one full term’s fees at the rate payable for the term of entry (not limited to the parental contribution in the case of a scholarship, bursary or other award or concession), less the deposit, will become payable as debt immediately unless the resulting vacancy is filled immediately and without loss to the School.