Winning 15 team matches, they became the first Whitgift side to win this prestigious and highly competitive National U13 Title
Whitgift’s programme of Racket sports offers students of all levels of ability and experience an extensive programme of recreational clubs, structured coaching and regular competition in Tennis, Table Tennis, Squash, Fives and Badminton.
We achieve this aim through:
- Outstanding Coaching/Teaching: Ex professionals/international standard ex-players and qualified coaches provide a mix of education which benefits pupils of all abilities.
- State of the art facilities including four glass back squash courts, 11 tennis courts, four fully refurbished Fives courts, seven badminton courts and a table tennis studio.
- 20+ Clubs and training session per week across all Racket activities. This increases in Trinity Term.
- 20 teams ranging from U11-U18 that have regular fixtures. These vary from friendlies, league competitions and cup fixtures.
- A challenging fixture card that exposes boys to different levels of challenge ranging from local independent and state schools through to national standard competition.
- A focus on progressing pupils’ development with the main emphasis on making the rackets programme accessible for all students and providing opportunities to challenge and stretch students who wish to pursue Racket sports competitively.
Notable Achievements and Successes
- In the last 20 years over 20 London Schools TT Association/County titles.
- Four national titles and 10 national finals reached.
- Five England School Boy Internationals in the last 10 years.
- A Whitgift Team has twice represented England in The World Schools Championships in the last 12 years, most recently in 2017.
- National U13 title in 2017.
- 2 other finals and 5 semi-finals in last five years across age groups.
Whitgift School @WhitgiftSport named sports school of the year today by @schoolsportmag knocking @MillfieldSport off the top spot for the first time in eight years. For full details and top 200 list, check out new edition issue 81 of School Sport Magazine published today— schoolsport magazine (@schoolsportmag) January 18, 2021